- 9 modules of video content – parenting books are great, but reading is hard. Learn by seeing parenting skills in action; watch John imitate The Count from Sesame Street. Just hearing this stuff before your baby is born will be helpful.
- In-depth follow along workbook – over 80 pages filled with actionable checklists, helpful resources, key take-aways and room to take notes.
- Interviews with experts – learn how to help your child become a great sleeper with Dr. Natalie Barnett, PhD, pediatric sleep expert and Director of Research at Nanit, and hear about car seat safety from an actual firefighter (filmed at the firehouse!)
- Checklists and charts to print and use – for everything from developmental milestones to sleep schedules and pre-birth paperwork must-dos.
Expert advice you don’t want to miss
Recommendations on sleep, supporting your partner, and more
Do you like Australian accents and sleep recommendations from a woman with a PhD in genetics? So do we! That’s why we flew to NYC for a 2-day shoot with a pediatric sleep expert.
John also grills a firefighter on home & car safety.
9 modules to make you a skilled and confident parent
Master calendar and milestones | 2 Videos
The macroeconomics portion of the course, covering overall trends in the first 3 months of life, important pre-birth to do’s, and a very special episode of Saved by the Bell.
Preparing for your baby’s arrival | 2 Videos
Checklists! Instructions! An entire video devoted to admin and paperwork! It’s not glamorous but it is important. We’ll help you get organized and stay on top of it all.
Health and visiting the doctor | 4 Videos
Selecting a pediatrician, getting the most from doctor’s visits, health at home, and urgent health concerns to watch out for. And then, John channels Taran Killam channeling Robyn.
The hospital & when your baby is born | 3 Videos
Touring hospitals, what to pack, what to expect, and how to support your partner. Includes relationship-preserving soft skills, logistics, and Enya.
The first weeks at home & the basics of babies | 2 Videos
Prepare your house, prepare your dog, prepare to be riveted. Plus, how to soothe your crying baby and weird newborn stuff that’s totally normal.
Skills | 5 Videos
Hold your baby, feed your baby, change a diaper, bathe, play, and interact with your baby. Learn how to maneuver tiny delicate limbs into uncooperative onesies, what sound a rhino makes, and so much more.
Safety | 3 Videos
Learn about all the potentially dangerous chemicals and beard oils in your home, how to prevent SIDS and SUID, and what your newborn has in common with a drunken frat boy.
Essential gear | 6 Videos
Can you be a minimalist parent? Probably not. But you don’t need everything. See what’s actually necessary for sleep, feeding, cleaning, clothing, and moving your baby from here to there.
Sleep | 5 Videos
Sleep expert Natalie Barnett guides you through sleep tools and strategies, bedtime rituals, safe sleep info, and a chilling Australian bedtime story. Learn the building blocks to making your baby a great sleeper.
So far, we absolutely love it. In comparison to the class at the hospital, we found that the material is not as similar as we thought. We’ve found that Fathers Ed has covered everything in between.
So much useful information. It’s even better how real you guys keep it. It’s hard to find people that tell the actual truth. Makes things easier to understand when you give all aspects.
Hi, we’re John and Paul
We’re dads to 4 kids & co-founders of Fathercraft.
We created Father’s Ed for our former selves. We wanted to be involved dads, but we were scared and didn’t know where to start.
Now we have the skills and knowledge to co-parent in style. We built a course to help other parents prepare, so they can relax and enjoy the journey.
Preview the course
Watch sample content from Module 6: Skills
Why Father’s Ed?
- Exhaustively researched
- Expertly informed
- Updated with latest info
- Easy to consume
- Concrete tools & resources
- Guides to gear and more
- Lifetime access
- Money-back guarantee
Father’s Ed: A course for dads to be
9 modules | 35 videos | 5 hours of video content | 1 in-depth workbook
- 35 videos (all 5 hours of course content)
- 82 page workbook, shipped free
- Checklists for pre-birth, the hospital, home safety, essential gear, and more
- Links to resources and product recommendations below each video
- Lifetime access to the course
- 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee
- Everything in Silver + exclusive discounts from Happiest Baby (Snoo), Nanit, Colugo, Baby Brezza, Miku & more ($230+ value)
- A physical package from us ($100+ retail value) with:
- A bound version of the workbook
- A copy of the 889-page AAP Guide to Parenting book
- A bundle of super-useful items for new parents, to get you kicked off
- Exclusive Fathercraft swag