- 9 modules of video content – books are great, but video is easy. Learn by seeing parenting skills in action. Just hearing this stuff before your baby is born will help.
- In-depth follow along workbook – learn at a deeper level, take notes, and use as a quick-reference guide when your baby is yellow and you don’t know if you should call the pediatrician.
- Interviews with experts – hear from Dr. Natalie Barnett, PhD, pediatric sleep expert and Director of Research at Nanit, on what to expect and how to help your baby become a great sleeper.
- Checklists and charts to print and use – for everything from developmental milestones to sleep schedules and pre-birth paperwork must-dos. Checklists = a soothing sense of control.
Expert advice you don’t want to miss.
Expert recommendations on sleep, supporting your partner, and more.
Trial and error is the wrong way to learn about sleep, helping your partner, safety, and essential parenting skills.
We traveled to NYC for an interview, did hundreds of hours of research, and compiled all of our learnings from our own experience to bring you the best.
Why Prepare with Father’s Ed?
- Exhaustively researched
- Expertly informed
- Updated with latest info
- Easy to consume
- Concrete tools & resources
- Guides to gear and more
- Lifetime access
- Money-back guarantee
Hi, we’re John and Paul
We’re dads to 4 kids & co-founders of Fathercraft.
We created Father’s Ed for our former selves. We wanted to be involved dads, but we were scared and didn’t know where to start.
Now we have the skills and knowledge to co-parent in style. We built a course to help other parents prepare, so they can relax and enjoy the journey.
9 modules to make you a skilled and confident parent
Master calendar and milestones | 2 Videos
The macroeconomics portion of the course, covering overall trends in the first 3 months of life, important pre-birth to do’s, and a very special episode of Saved by the Bell.
Preparing for your baby’s arrival | 2 Videos
Checklists! Instruction! An entire video devoted to admin and paperwork! It’s not glamorous but it is important. We’ll help you get organized and stay on top of it all.
Health and visiting the doctor | 4 Videos
Selecting a pediatrician, getting the most from doctor’s visits, health at home, and urgent health concerns to watch out for. And then, John channels Taran Killam channeling Robyn.
The hospital & when your baby is born | 3 Videos
Touring hospitals, what to pack, what to expect, and how to support your partner. Includes relationship-preserving soft skills, logistics, and Enya.
The first weeks at home & the basics of babies | 2 Videos
Prepare your house, prepare your dog, prepare to be riveted. Plus, how to soothe your crying baby and weird newborn stuff that’s totally normal.
Skills | 5 Videos
Hold your baby, feed your baby, change a diaper, bathe, play, and interact with your baby. Learn how to maneuver tiny delicate limbs into uncooperative onesies, what sound a rhino makes, and so much more.
Safety | 3 Videos
Learn about all the potentially dangerous chemicals and beard oils in your home, how to prevent SIDS and SUID, and what your newborn has in common with a drunken frat boy.
Essential gear | 6 Videos
Can you be a minimalist parent? Probably not. But you don’t need everything. See what’s actually necessary for sleep, feeding, cleaning, clothing, and moving your baby from here to there.
Sleep | 5 Videos
Sleep expert Natalie Barnett guides you through sleep tools and strategies, bedtime rituals, safe sleep info, and a robust AF Q&A. Learn the building blocks to making your baby a great sleeper.
Preview the course
Watch sample content from Module 6: Skills
What you get
Father’s Ed: A course for dads to be
9 modules | 35 videos | 5 hours of video content | 1 in-depth workbook
The Silver Bundle of Joy
- 35 step-by-step videos
- 37 page print-ready PDF workbook
- Checklists for pre-birth, the hospital, home safety, essential gear, and more
- Links to resources and product recommendations below each video
- Lifetime access to the course
- 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee
The Golden Bundle of Joy
- Everything in Silver, plus a physical bundle of joy from Fathercraft:
- A printed version of the workbook
- The AAP Guide to Parenting
- A mystery bundle of a few of our favorite things, valued between $30 and $300
- Exclusive discounts on essential gear, including brands like Nanit, Colugo, Baby Brezza, Miku & more
- Exclusive Fathercraft swag