Hi, we’re John and Paul
We’re dads to 4 kids & co-founders of Fathercraft.
We created Father’s Ed for our former selves. We wanted to be involved dads, but we were scared and didn’t know where to start.
Now we have the skills and knowledge to co-parent in style. We built a course to help other parents prepare, so they can relax and enjoy the journey.
A System to Learn How to Parent
Here’s what’s included in Father’s Ed
- 9 modules of video content – books are great, but video is easy. Learn by seeing parenting skills in action. Just hearing this stuff before your baby is born will help.
- In-depth follow along workbook – learn at a deeper level, take notes, and use as a quick-reference guide when your baby is yellow and you don’t know if you should call the pediatrician.
- Interviews with experts – hear from Dr. Natalie Barnett, PhD, pediatric sleep expert and Director of Research at Nanit, on what to expect and how to help your baby become a great sleeper.
- Checklists and charts to print and use – for everything from developmental milestones to sleep schedules and pre-birth paperwork must-dos. Checklists = a soothing sense of control.
Why Prepare with Father’s Ed?
- Exhaustively researched
- Expertly informed
- Updated with latest info
- Easy to consume
- Concrete tools & resources
- Guides to gear and more
- Lifetime access
- Money back guarantee
9 modules to make you a skilled and confident parent
Master calendar and milestones | 2 Videos
The macroeconomics portion of the course, covering overall trends in the first 3 months of life, important pre-birth to do’s, and a very special episode of Saved by the Bell.
Preparing for your baby’s arrival | 2 Videos
Checklists! Instruction! An entire video devoted to admin and paperwork! It’s not glamorous but it is important. We’ll help you get organized and stay on top of it all.
Health and visiting the doctor | 4 Videos
Selecting a pediatrician, getting the most from doctor’s visits, health at home, and urgent health concerns to watch out for. And then, John channels Taran Killam channeling Robyn.
The hospital & when your baby is born | 3 Videos
Touring hospitals, what to pack, what to expect, and how to support your partner. Includes relationship-preserving soft skills, logistics, and Enya.
The first weeks at home & the basics of babies | 2 Videos
Prepare your house, prepare your dog, prepare to be riveted. Plus, how to soothe your crying baby and weird newborn stuff that’s totally normal.
Skills | 5 Videos
Hold your baby, feed your baby, change a diaper, bathe, play, and interact with your baby. Learn how to maneuver tiny delicate limbs into uncooperative onesies, what sound a rhino makes, and so much more.
Safety | 3 Videos
Learn about all the potentially dangerous chemicals and beard oils in your home, how to prevent SIDS and SUID, and what your newborn has in common with a drunken frat boy.
Essential gear | 6 Videos
Can you be a minimalist parent? Probably not. But you don’t need everything. See what’s actually necessary for sleep, feeding, cleaning, clothing, and moving your baby from here to there.
Sleep | 5 Videos
Sleep expert Natalie Barnett guides you through sleep tools and strategies, bedtime rituals, safe sleep info, and a robust AF Q&A. Learn the building blocks to making your baby a great sleeper.
Preview the course
Watch sample content from Module 6: Skills
What you get
Father’s Ed: A course for dads to be
9 modules | 35 videos | 5 hours of video content | 1 in-depth workbook
The Silver Bundle of Joy
- 35 step-by-step videos
- 37 page print-ready PDF workbook
- Checklists for pre-birth, the hospital, home safety, essential gear, and more
- Links to resources and product recommendations below each video
- Lifetime access to the course
- 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee
Early Access Waitlist
- Be part of the first group of people to get access to the course
- Exclusive offers & discounts only available at launch
- Get access to the course starting July 21st
- Choose Silver or Gold bundle when it’s time to sign up
- All the excitement of your learner’s permit, minus any trips to the DMV
The Golden Bundle of Joy
- Everything in Silver, plus a physical bundle of joy from Fathercraft:
- A bound version of the workbook
- A copy of the AAP Guide to Parenting (our parenting bible)
- A mystery bundle of a few of our favorite things, valued between $30 and $300 (1 in 10 Gold members will get a Nanit+)
- Exclusive discounts from our partners including Happiest Baby, Nanit, Colugo, Baby Brezza, Miku ($230+ in discount value)
- Exclusive Fathercraft swag
Frequently Asked Questions
We believe that educated parents are better parents. There are a million of decisions for parents to make, and lots of them don’t have clear answers, at least without the right information. We believe in having fun and enjoying the ride—if you’re having fun, you’re going to be a better dad.
You’ll have lifetime access to the course but, the real clock on you is your baby’s due date. You can still get value from the course after your baby is born, but we strongly recommend you complete it ahead of time—firstly, there’s key info about the pre-birth time and the actual birth, secondly, you aren’t going to have a whole lot of free time afterward.
Is “don’t put your baby on the washing machine” common sense? Some would argue yes, but the AAP thinks it bears repeating. Father’s Ed is built on a foundation of rock-solid research from trusted sources, organized so it’s logical and useful to new parents. Then we added unbridled enthusiasm. Tips, tools, ideas from experts, what has and what hasn’t worked for us. You’d be surprised how elusive common sense can be when you haven’t slept in 4 days.
Absolutely. Gifting Father’s Ed is a great way to tell your husband/boyfriend/son-in-law to get his shit together before the baby comes (but in a nice way). Just sign up as yourself, email us ([email protected]) and we’ll transfer the membership to him. We’re even working on a line of e-cards that show you care about him, and that you’ll be anxiously awaiting his confirmation he’s completed the course.
You can try to learn how to feed a baby from a diagram in a book, or you can watch a video and see a dad actually do it. While nothing can replace hands on experience, Father’s Ed can give you the tools and the confidence to help make you a great parent.
Our scriptwriter actually wrote a bunch of corporate training videos that went viral, so you’re in good hands.
It’s worth noting the course is written for dads, but it covers content that’s relevant and helpful to dads and moms alike. We share health and safety info, demonstrate skills, and discuss gear and guidelines that all parents should know. As long as you’re cool with dad jokes, this course is for you.
Much of the course will be helpful and relevant if your baby is 1-3 months old, but not all of it. Seeing as you’ve already aced the birth and delivery module, maybe skip that one.
We’ll build a gigantic pillow fort and go in there and cry, probably. But, if you’re unhappy for any reason, just let us know, we’ll refund you. We offer a 30-day no-questions asked money-back guarantee. If you purchased the Gold Tier of the course, you’ll also need to return your package to get the refund.
Just the one where you actually hold the fate of a tiny human life in your hands. Aside from that, once you complete all the video content, email us [[email protected]] a picture of a final filled in page in your workbook with your address, and we’ll send you something cool.
We’re here for you. [email protected] We can’t answer medical questions, but your pediatrician can, and part of the course is designed to help you find a great one.
We offer all major forms of credit card. At this time we can only accept payment in U.S. dollars and do not offer a payment plan.
John’s oldest son Oliver is seven and Calvin is eighteen months. Paul’s oldest daughter Kenzie is six and Ruby is two-and-a-half.