Not so long ago baby food only came in jars, and was only for babies, tasted bad and was full of artificial preservatives. In recent years, there has been an explosion in the availability of baby or toddler food packets that:
- use only simple things like lemon juice as a preservative
- are available in endless healthy varieties – fruit and yogurt smoothies, vegetable blends, ‘meals’ that contain protein, fruit and grains
- don’t require refrigeration
- are packaged in convenient packets that don’t break, don’t take up a lot of space, are easy to open
Making use of these food packets is a great feeding hack. Use them to:
- Feed your kid a healthy meal on the go (older babies and toddlers can suck the contents right out of the packet, no utensils required).
- Increase the variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, proteins and dairy your child is getting without having to figure out how to cook and puree things like butternut squash perfectly or find perfectly ripe blueberries, mangoes and other fruits at all times of the year
- Get your baby and toddler some of the DHA they need without the hassles of cooking and serving fish
Happy Baby, Earth’s Best, and Ella’s Kitchen are 3 brands that feature organic ingredients and natural preservatives.